THUNDERBIRD EMAIL CONFIGURATION
The following instructions are used to configure an IMAP account on Mozilla Thunderbird email client.
1) Create a new account:
2) A pop-up window appears – Select ‘Skip this and use my existing email’ then enter:
– Your name
– Email address e.g email@example.com
– Password ( The password setup for this email address )
4) On the next screen, select ‘Manual Config’
Incoming = IMAP Server Hostname = mail.yourdomain.com Port = 143 SSL = NONE Authentication = ‘Normal password’
Outgoing = SMTP Server Hostname = mail.yourdomain.com Port = 25 or 587 SSL = NONE Authentication = ‘Normal password’
IMPORTANT: correct the username at the bottom; Username = full email address e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Select ‘Done’ – you may see a warning message about encryption settings, however you can proceed anyway without error.
Please be advised, the default frequency of which Thunderbird checks for new mail is once every 10 minutes – this could be lowered to around 5 minutes if you are experiencing delays in receiving incoming messages to the Thunderbird client.